Effective date: January 11, 2019
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary personal data that is required to provide those services. Set up and log in of MOTION Blinds Account. Your email address that is collected for creating a MOTION Blinds Account, and your account avatars may be collected.
Configure and control device. The device, room, scene and timer names; device location names; device, room, scene and timer images, device ID, device firmware version, and visiting IP and time will be collected. Sync MOTION Blinds device data. When you synchronize the MOTION Blinds device data, e.g. to MOTION Blinds Cloud Service, we may collect data relating to your activities and functionalities of MOTION Blinds device, such as your device online/offline status and your device position (for instance, device is 20% Open) information.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so ("Location Data"). We use this data to provide features of our ‘timer’ Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
Use of Data
To provide you with our products and services, to verify your identity.
To develop our products and services, together with general and statistical information. We use statistical data that does not specifically identify you (non-personal data) to help in our operations and improve our products and services and provide a better user experience for you. Here are some of the non-personal data we may collect and how we use them:
- When you opt-in to participate in our User Experience Improvement Program, we may gather statistics relating to your use of our products functions, on an anonymous basis. This may include information relating to your use of our products and services. If there is an abnormal shutdown or breakdown, we may collect information relating to your mobile device to diagnose the problem.
- When you use our services or functions that are based on location information, e.g. Access information based on maps, etc., we may collect your geographical information.
- When you use the Internet browser in using our products and services, we may collect log information, e.g. IP address, browser type, language, reference source, operating system, date and time marking and click rate data.
- When you first use and activate your MOTION Blinds device, the device’s unique identification code and approximate geographical information may be collected.
- To communicate with you, including providing you with notifications on products and services that are updated or launched.
- To provide maintenance services, to improve our products.
You have control over your information!
We recognize that privacy concerns differ from person to person. Therefore, we provide examples of ways we make available for you to choose to restrict the collection, use, disclosure or processing of your personal data and control your privacy settings, such as controlling the settings under the User Experience Improvement Program, Location Access functions, and your MOTION Blinds Account.
We provide account cancellation functionality for you, to delete your MOTION Blinds account and the related personal data, e.g. your email address, device ID, device firmware version, and visiting IP and time.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use the ‘account cancellation’ functionality on MOTION Blinds APP. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request was made, and thereafter delete current personal data, and not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data. Please recognize that your withdrawal of consent means that you will not be able to enjoy MOTION Blinds products and services.
Who do we share your information with?
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, MOTION Blinds may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
MOTION Blinds may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of MOTION Blinds.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
Information Not Requiring Consent
We may share anonymized information and statistics in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website, or we may tell our business partners the number of customers in certain demographic groups who purchased certain products or who carried out certain transactions.
For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that we are permitted by law to collect, use or disclose your personal data without your consent, such permission granted by the law shall continue to apply.
Information Safety Safeguards
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Information safety is very important to us. We will take all practicable steps to safeguard your personal data. Through our protective measures above, especially encrypted storage and transmission, your data is as secure as it can be.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: email@example.com